Thursday, August 13, 2009

Why is it not a good idea to have 2 antivirus systems on one computer?

I want to know if I should unistall the antivirus that Win XP has in it and leave the Avast I got.



Why is it not a good idea to have 2 antivirus systems on one computer?cafe racer



An anti virus system checks all your files within your entire system, looking in files and cross referencing them with their data base of known viruses. When you have two anti virus software systems on one computer they bump into each other and to make matters worse they will both think one another as a virus. I used AVAST once (it's good) but does do this a lot with firewalls as well. My opinion is to leave the AVAST on and take Windows defender off, but it doesn't really matter as long as you have some updated protection. Hope that helps



Also. A anti virus software takes up some system performance so it's unwise having two on. take care anyway



Why is it not a good idea to have 2 antivirus systems on one computer?free anti virus



I don't think it will install anyway it'll tell you to un-install the other program before it'll install there program if you do try it you'll just be asking for problems so be warned
Never underestimate the power of built-in features of Microsoft people. They are crazy, I believe. I do not mean to trust them as well. Go with AVAST. Do not uninstall but make it disable to avoid costing over memory. (my truly suggestions).
They will work aginst each other
Antivirus programs use resident protection which consumes some system resources at all times. Keeping two will be a waste with no real benefit.

No comments:

Post a Comment