Friday, August 21, 2009

Shell32.dll and ntoskrnl.exe is showing up in antivirus scan?

When I run my AVG antivirus program shell32.dll and ntoskrnl.exe is showing up as "change" under the result/infection category, the path is C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell32.dll or C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. Why do these appear as listings in my antivirus software. When I run a scan it doesn't say I have infected files.



Shell32.dll and ntoskrnl.exe is showing up in antivirus scan?anti virus



George is right, when updates are downloaded it can change some files. AVG is reporting it as a change, not an infection or virus. Be careful and don't go changing or eliminating these files because if you do, you will really find yourself with troubles. Do a complete deep scan with a free program like spyware terminator, it will check for infected files and virus. You can find it on trusted sites such as majorgeeks.com.



Shell32.dll and ntoskrnl.exe is showing up in antivirus scan?auto protect



this happens when windows updates changes files



I have the same results
i have the same problem and ichecked it out on googe and it said its either a virus/trojan/ or spyware iam trying to fix it myself manually.

No comments:

Post a Comment