Sunday, August 23, 2009

Default option to update my AVG Antivirus is through internet, but i want to manually update it from

I have AVG Antivirus 7.5 free edition installed on my system. My system is not connected to the Internet. Earlier, i have made the default option to update AVG through internet. But now I donot have any internet connected. Using Internet, I have downloaded a bin file containing the latest virus definitions for AVG on a different system and copied the file to my system.



Now, I want to manually update AVG using the folder options, but i could not locate the folder options to update AVG. Everytime I try to update it, it looks for an internet connection. So, how do i update AVG using the folder option with the bin file already downloaded to my system.



Default option to update my AVG Antivirus is through internet, but i want to manually update it from folder.?malware



Pls read this:



Updates



Updating AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition



In order to ensure that your AVG is providing the maximum amount of antivirus protection, your AVG System must be kept fully up-to-date. GRISOFT continuously develops new virus detection data. and product improvements. This is all provided to you via Updates.



Tip



We recommend that you update directly from your AVG Free application by clicking on the Check for Updates button. Your AVG will then automatically update. Manual update from the website is not recommended unless you have a specific need to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment