Friday, August 21, 2009

Do I need to disable my antivirus auto-protect feature while downloading software updates?

I use Norton Antivirus and have been disabling the auto-protect feature when downloading Windows XP security updates or for Adobe Reader, Windows Media Player etc. Would rather not do that if it isn't necessary.



Do I need to disable my antivirus auto-protect feature while downloading software updates?antivirus scan



Most programs will advised you to do that to prevent conflict but it isn't really necessary if you don't want to. Shut id down temporary if and only if you have problem with downloading or installing the program.



Do I need to disable my antivirus auto-protect feature while downloading software updates?computer security



No it is not necessary.
Don't bother to disable unless your RAM becomes less.
you shouldn't have to, however i'd have a look at nortons support site, should be some info there. dont use nortons, but i dont disable anything with windows update, not sure about adobe, as i dont let it update. lol
When I used Norton Antivirus, I would occasionally run into a software installation that would cause problems, but it was never with Windows Update.



I now use eTrust from CA, and I have never had to disable realtime protection for any installation or update. About the only time I disable realtime protection is when I run Spybot Search %26 Destroy, as it causes somewhat of a slowdown, particularly on one of my computers.
There is no need to disable the auto-protect feature at all. Unless something is really messed up and it says download has failed or something. Most anti-viruses do not prevent updates at all. At most they may ask you if the update program can access the internet (and should remember the answer)
CyberScrub AntiVirus provides state of the art security protection for five years- at one low price. Our award winning technology ensures protection against viruses, worms, and trojans backed by top customer support and value

No comments:

Post a Comment