Friday, August 21, 2009

Can I put McAfee and Norton Antivirus on the same computer?

My McAfee protection expires today and I borrowed a Norton Antivirus from somebody that can be stored on 3 computers. She said it dont' go out until April. I like McAfee better and will be renewing McAfee later next week. I just wanted to know if I could keep McAfee on there without uninstalling it until I get ready to update it, or will that mess up or slow my computer down in some way?



Can I put McAfee and Norton Antivirus on the same computer?anti virus scan



The use of 2 or more anti-virus programs at the same time can cause major conflicts. The 2 scanning engines will fight each other to scan every file that you read, write or execute which can cause a major computer slowdown. For the same reason, using 2 A-Vs can cause you to have less protection from the various malware, not more.



(Using an anti-spyware with an anti-virus is good, however and is recommended)



You might consider choosing just one A-V and removing any others.



Can I put McAfee and Norton Antivirus on the same computer?ariel



Yes, but I wouldn't. Go to www.avast.com and download the free version. It's much better than either of these and free! It takes a little looking to find it, but stick with it and download it.



McAfee sucks, and Norton is good, but it will slow down your computer. Avast rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment