Friday, August 21, 2009

PLEASE HELP! How can I uninstall Avast! Antivirus? I can't figure it out, and it is making my c

I downloaded Avast! Antivirus, but it is making my computer unneccessarily slow and I need it off, STAT! The normal way of add/remove programs clearly doesn't work, so what is another easy way because I am technologically challenged. All help with this is INCREDIBLY appreciated.



PLEASE HELP! How can I uninstall Avast! Antivirus? I can't figure it out, and it is making my computer slow!spyware removal



Go here, its the removal tool:



http://www.avast.com/eng/avast-uninstall...



Also try AVG or Antivir Classic (my personal choice), they are both free and lighter than Avast on resources.



Here is a link to Antivir: http://www.free-av.com.



PLEASE HELP! How can I uninstall Avast! Antivirus? I can't figure it out, and it is making my computer slow!virus protection software



I don't use Avast, but I am a beta tester for just about every antivirus/antispyware and firewall known. An I am quite sure that Avast is not the cause of your PC, slowing down. I use windows XP Pro. If you have a very old PC this may be the problem. Or you can scan for viruses and spyware that is usually the cause of slowing down your PC.



Minddoctor, France
http://www.pchell.com/virus/uninstallava...



The link above will provide you with removal instruction and a removal tool.
Go to the Avast website and see if they have a removal tool/removal instructions.
Are you sure its Avast that is making your computer slow? I highly doubt it is unless you don't have a good computer.



You may have viruses, spyware, malware on your computer. Which is slowing it down not Avast. Either way, if you uninstall it make sure you get another anti virus in it's place. As you said you are 'technologically challenged'.
I don't think it's Avast that is making your PC run slowly. I had installed it on one of my PCs which had a P4 processor and 1 GB of RAM. It didn't slow down a bit!
start....all programs....click on avast and there should be an uninstall manager there

No comments:

Post a Comment