Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do I completely uninstall Norton Antivirus 2005?

I used the uninstall feature in WinXP, but when I open up Excel or MS Word I get a message that says "Norton AntiVirus 2005 does not support the Repair feature, please uninstall and reinstall."



I thought I already uninstalled it. When I go to add/remove programs I can't find any Norton listings.



How do I completely uninstall Norton Antivirus 2005?viruses



Try this.



Remove Norton then try any or all of the following.



Just so you know you should use some type of antivirus protection.



Removing Symantec / Norton AntiVirus and LiveUpdate



Click on Start and then Control Panel.



In the control panel, double-click on Add / Remove Programs.



Look through the list of installed programs for any item that says



either Symantec, Norton, or LiveUpdate (for example "Symantec



AntiVirus Corporate Edition" or "Norton AntiVirus 2002").



Begin looking for Symantec or Norton items. LiveUpdate should be done last. For each Symantec, Norton, or LiveUpdate item, select the item and click Remove or Change / Remove or Add / Remove. Follow the instructions, and click Yes or Yes to all when prompted.



NOTE: If you attempt to remove LiveUpdate and receive a warning message about other Symantec applications being registered with LiveUpdate, click Yes to ignore the warning and remove LiveUpdate.

No comments:

Post a Comment