Sunday, August 23, 2009

How do I turn off the firewall in Norton Antivirus 2008 (that comes with Norton Systemworks)?

I just want Norton Antivirus to protect me from Viruses, and use Zone Alarm as my firewall...but darn if I can't find out how to turn off the firewall (which is supposedly part of Norton Antivirus 2008). Any ideas?



How do I turn off the firewall in Norton Antivirus 2008 (that comes with Norton Systemworks)?matchless



It's simple get rid of it as norton ain't no d..m good anyways so go with AVG as a virus scanner and get Comodo for your firewall as it's rated as the best but norton is a joke.



How do I turn off the firewall in Norton Antivirus 2008 (that comes with Norton Systemworks)?norton 2008



If you're thinking of using the free version of ZoneAlarm you'd be better off with the Norton firewall. Have a look here: http://www.matousec.com/projects/windows...



To answer your question, see if this helps: http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nip...
That's the reason Norton sucks... you can't configure it. Try going into the deepest configuration you can, see if you can find it there. If not, you might want to consider Kaspersky AV 7.0, which has superior heuristics and HOURLY updates. Norton updates... what, once a day? two days? ...

No comments:

Post a Comment