Sunday, August 23, 2009

What happens if my Norton Symantec Antivirus Subscription stopped?

Should I install another Antivirus? Or will it still protect my computer from viruses? But if I install a new one won't they distrub each other? By the way I also cannot disable Symantec by right clicking on it on the task bar could that be due to the fact that the subscription stopped?



What happens if my Norton Symantec Antivirus Subscription stopped?ducati



What should happen is that you uninstall Norton (use norton's uninstaller, not 'add/remove programs' - look in the start menu, they usually have a link to their uninstaller there) and use the free AVG instead: http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/...



=)



Usually AV programs with expired subscriptions still stay 'on', but don't get any updates anymore. That means they protect you less and less every day, because they won't detect new viruses.



ADDED: oh and if you had the norton suite (complete with firewall) then install comodo as your new firewall. http://www.personalfirewall.comodo.com/



What happens if my Norton Symantec Antivirus Subscription stopped?hp



Norton is the worst software in the world. It is a rogue software and it is not user friendly.



There is a way to remove it and the tool to remove it is available on their website, www.symantec.com



Use it and delete it.



Geeesh.......I hate that program. Norton Ghost simply takes over your computer and it does not allow you choices.



About the subscription, no it won't stop working. It will continue to annoy you and ask you to download latest version etc... It is a pain in the butt.



Only thing is if you do not upgrade, it will not update the new virus definitions and your virus protection will get out of date very soon.



I found AVG software free edition is good, user friendly and it does not bother your computer and it does not take over everything. I highly recommend you to install that after removing Norton.



I will never go near Norton again.

No comments:

Post a Comment