Sunday, August 23, 2009

After attempting to uninstall Etrust Ez Antivirus, my computer wont boot into Windows XP.?

Last night, I attempted to uninstall Etrust Ez Antivirus from my dads computer. (he has Windows XP Service Pack II) It wouldn't uninstall, stating that it was unable to remove a specific file from the registry. I was able to boot the computer into safemode, but once I got there was unable to go to start, run (to type in regedit). I rebooted and logged in normally. This morning I attempted to use the computer, it was loaded, but when I clicked on start, run (or anything else) nothing would happen. I tried Ctrl, alt, delete to see if anything else was running and that didn't work. I shut the computer off to boot back into safemode, but now the computer is stuck at the Light blue screen that just says Windows XP. I reset the defaults in bios and am still unable to boot into windows. Tried to run the repair from the Win Xp cd, but it tells me I don't have a hard drive. Can someone help please???



After attempting to uninstall Etrust Ez Antivirus, my computer wont boot into Windows XP.?liveupdate



Boot from XP install cd and see commands with help ... is a fixboot command or fixmbr comand.... that would fix any booting problem... then use safe mode to desinstall any program... if these not work then u have to put your hard drive in another computer, backup data and reistall windows... good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment