Wednesday, August 19, 2009

My laptop's slow, I believe Norton Antivirus 2007 has to do with it. Help!?

Computer's been slow. I used to store hundreds of photos. So I bought an external hard drive, and got rid of ALL the pics. Defragged. Restarted.



Then came Norton Antivirus 2007. And now it's hella slow. 10mn for outlook to start. And that damn lucoms~1.exe taking a lot of CPU at start.



What can I do to speeden up the computer? I was also shocked to see there's no quick way of exiting/shutting down norton... that's just crazy. So how can I make the computer faster without buying another one/more memory? This is just driving me crazy!!!!



Tech specs: ZX 3310 CPU AMD Turion 64 MT. 40GB hard drive, 256MB RAM.Only use is Microsoft office and photo storage (see above). No gaming. Mild internet browsing. No downloading from the internet.



My laptop's slow, I believe Norton Antivirus 2007 has to do with it. Help!?symantic



its not Norton trust me. I thought I had the same problem but truthfully if you dont clear out your computer every once in a while you are asking for it. Files get stuck in your hardrive. I suggest.



Start%26gt;All Programs%26gt;accessories%26gt;system tools%26gt; disk cleanup



i did one and had over 4 GB of memory taken up from browsing the web.



My laptop's slow, I believe Norton Antivirus 2007 has to do with it. Help!?viruses

No comments:

Post a Comment