Sunday, August 23, 2009

How long does complete scanning in antivirus programs usually take?

I have AVG, Pc Tools even ccleaner, but they are taking around 4 hours plus in scanning. They don't really finish scanning because I got really tired when it does not have any progress so i manually stop it after 4 hours. Even my Disc Cleanup or clearing of temporary internet files doesn't work. I think I may have a virus of some sort because even my internet connection is troublesome. Sometimes, I usually get the cannot find server page, and when I check it up on my internet provider, they say that there's no problem with my connection. All of my antivirus programs are updated and I just can't seem to trace where the problem is.



How long does complete scanning in antivirus programs usually take?free spyware



Only use one at a time. Close all other applications during the scan. I usually scan right before I sleep, so I am not using up my connection speeds, and that makes the anti-virus scans go a lot faster!



Clear out your temp files through your internet browser %26gt;%26gt;%26gt;tools. Clear cache, cookies, private data, etc.



That should help as well!



How long does complete scanning in antivirus programs usually take?live update



45 Minutes - 1 Hour with McAfee
depends on # of your files i have 1,000,000 files and its like 8 hrs
To get rid of the temporary files on your pc (viruses are commonly found in temporary files), download CCleaner (http://www.ccleaner.com) and scan your computer. Running CCleaner shouldn't take more than 10 minutes. Removing these temporary files will make your scans go a lot faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment