Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Can someone please tell me a good antivirus, I can buy in stores?

I'm looking for a good antivirus, that can buy at like wal mart, or a doftware store. maybe online, a free one or something. I'v tried the avg, or what ever, and never got it to work. Thanks



Can someone please tell me a good antivirus, I can buy in stores?liveupdate



The best anti-virus is ESET NOD32 then Kaspersky. NOD32 is the only anti-virus that got an Advanced+ rating in tests conducted at http://www.av-comparatives.org/



The most popular free anti-virus programs (AVG and Avast) have poor detection rates (82.82%, 87.46% respectively). Norton is notoriously bloated and takes forever to perform full systems scans.



I only recommend buying NOD32 (advanced users) or Kaspersky. It has been proven these products are better than the best sellers (Norton and McAfee):



http://www.consumersearch.com/www/softwa...



Can someone please tell me a good antivirus, I can buy in stores?nortin



Do not buy Norton, it's pure bloatware. Report It


NOD is monetary bloatware on the other side.



all antivirus that has to be paid, is fraud basically. Report It


ZoneAlarm. Both CNET and PC world recommend.
I've been using Panda Security for a couple years now, and it seems to work well. It has the antivirus, firewall, and spyware protection, among other things. Best thing to do is read the articles from Consumer Reports magazine. It's how I found Panda. You can go to the library and read some of the back issues.
The only antivirus programs you can buy in stores are Norton Anti-Virus and McAfee.

No comments:

Post a Comment