Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How do I know if my installed antivirus program is operating normal or if it'e even inthe ON po

I keep getting error messages telling me that my antivirus program is either not current or it's OFF.



How do I know if my installed antivirus program is operating normal or if it'e even inthe ON position??vincent



You didn't say which one you have. Go to the Programs section of your START menu and look for McAfee or Norton Anti-virus. Open that program, and it should show you a status page.



There is probably an OPTIONS section, where you can attempt to ENABLE it. If it does not enable, then you probably have a virus that is preventing that. Restart the computer into SAFE MODE (use F8 during the start sequence) and get into your Anti-virus program again and run a full scan.



If it says "Expired", that does not mean that it is NOT active. That is the update subscription. I recommend that you go to a STORE and buy the CD of a new version. That way, you have the disk. It might be on sale, and even might be cheaper then the on-line method. Uninstall the old version, reboot, then install from the new CD.



Good luck



How do I know if my installed antivirus program is operating normal or if it'e even inthe ON position??adware remover



Tiger, do you and your comp a good deed and put your trust in AVG.. by grisoft.com.. it's free and not a trial.. do not skip read when downloading or you will end up with a 4 hr. scan.. there is a faster way : ) and always update it before you scan.. new viruses and trojans seem 2 come up everyday.. avg is easy on your comp.. no problem there.. and very popular with the people in answers.. i've had it about 3 yrs.. and it protect's my computer like a mean dog ; )
dump what ya got and download avg free herehttp://myspace.com/computer_works
which antivirus are u using.
Your have made your question very difficult, because you fail to say what is the name of the antivirus program that you have in your system. If you installed the program it has to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment