Thursday, August 13, 2009

Antivirus Question??

I want to buy Norton 2008 from a retail store. But the problem is that I don't have any internet in my house. so I would like to know if anybody knows--if I can activate Norton 2008 Internet security over the phone if I buy the retail version from Best Buy or Circuitcity? --- I activated my Norton Internet security 2007 over the phone. Someone please answer the question.



Antivirus Question??free anti virus



I believe you can. when you go to Best Buy or Circuitcity they should also be able to tell you for sure.



Antivirus Question??internet security software



Don't buy Norton. It is one of the worst products out there and can cause a lot of configuration problems with your PC. Read the reviews from actual users of the software. http://www.amazon.com/Norton-Antivirus-2... McAfee is also not any good. Much better are the free Antivirus programs like AVG or Avast. I have tried them all and these free programs are just as good and BETTER than the useless Norton. Norton is big in name, but that's it. I have been using AVG for several years and they have taken care of any viruses I have ever had. The software also does not have conflicts with other programs and does not cause configuration issues. if you ever want to uninstall it, you can do it with ease. I also use AVG AntSpyware and it does an equally good job! You think you have to PAY for good Antivirus protection, but in truth you DONT! Even Firewalls can come free, like ZoneAlarm which does a great job protecting your PC from unauthorized access (if you need a firewall). Some versions of Windows or PC's have a built in Firewall (which are also pretty good for the most part).

No comments:

Post a Comment