Thursday, August 13, 2009

Antivirus: AVG vs Spysweeper: compare and contrast?

I have several, you might say many, pieces of malware protection. I will keep them all. Finally, I want to include either AVG (Soho) or SpySweeper (they won't live together - one demands removal of the other!) If anyone out there has experience with *BOTH* I would appreciate hearing a comparison.



Antivirus: AVG vs Spysweeper: compare and contrast?computer security



Better get your facts straight.



AVG is an Anti-virus program.



Spy Sweeper is and anti-spyware/malware program.



THEY DO DIFFERENT THINGS!!



They DO NOT conflict with one another in any way!



I have the two of them running on my PC all the time. I used to have more programs running but whittled down to AVG and Spy Sweeper and have had no problems since.



I also use a Linksys router with a built in firewall. I use the Microsoft firewall. And I get the security benefits of Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 2.0 I have had no problems thus far.



I do have AdAware Pro, Spybot Search %26 Destroy, Registry Mechanic, and a couple of others that I run every week just to make sure nothing is hiding on my PC.



You don't need a multitude of programs to keep you computer clean. AVG and Spy Sweeper do the job very well as your front line defenses and running some of the others to help maintain your PC is always a good practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment