Wednesday, August 19, 2009

How can I configure MS Outlook and AVG antivirus to connect to the net through a router?

Recently replaced my broadband modem with a router but now AVG antivirus and MS Outlook will not connect to the net. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.



How can I configure MS Outlook and AVG antivirus to connect to the net through a router?virus scan



your question is confusing ......... both use whatever connection you have to get to the internet.



my guess is that your PC CANNOT access the internet or if it can you have a firewall blocking ports they need to use. if your PC cannot access the internet make sure its configured to use your router as its default gateway and that the network information is correct and your router is configured correctly



for email you need 25 (for smtp/outgoing email) and 110 (pop3 incomming) if your using imap then you need port 143



as for you anti virus I have no idea why it cannot connect, I would check with them as to why you cannot get updates (the only reason I can think of it would need internet access) see below for a link



I would check your router log files to see if anything ooutgoing is being blocked and try turning it off and seeing if you can then connect



dougc

No comments:

Post a Comment