Saturday, August 15, 2009

Self-Proclaimed Geek Squads - Your Assistance is Needed. BEST Antivirus Software? (Open to All).?

I'm in the market for new Antivirus software. Preferably an omnipotent, do-all elixir for my worm/cookie/virus worry woes. My god-sent trial of Norton just expired, and though I've been looking to purchase, I've also been working to avoid it by bouncing from trial to trial. I'm quickly running out of new options of programs to try, and I really can't risk infection at this point. So I guess my question is: What would be the most efficient, fail-safe, and affordable (or at least highly-worth-the-cost) Virus protection on the market? P.s. Although I'm really satisfied with Norton, it slows my PC to a slithering crawl. I hear good things about Kaspersky. False rep? Thanks a lot.



Self-Proclaimed Geek Squads - Your Assistance is Needed. BEST Antivirus Software? (Open to All).?triumph



Kaspersky is the best overall at detection, while NOD32 has the best heuristics. However, both still rely on signatures, and the heuristics still miss a lot of threats, so your best bet is to use layered defenses that complement each other. I recommend good intrusion prevention capability, which overlaps the signature based defense, and can be found in antivirus, firewall, and antispyware programs. Here are some recommendations from available freeware:



firewall:



Comodo (http://www.comodo.com), or



PC Tools (http://www.pctools.com/firewall)

No comments:

Post a Comment