Monday, August 17, 2009

How do I run my internet smoothly and still use McAfee Antivirus?

I had trouble installing my DSL to my new Dell Laptop from home because it would only stay at the yahoo home page and go nowhere else. An AT%26T Tech told me it was because of my McAfee Antivirus being activated on my Windows Vista and Vista has a lot of security. So he told me to go to msconfig and uncheck everything in the startup and running that says McAfee. I did and now my internet runs but I am scared to use it because I dont have the antivirus protection right? What do I do? Do I go back and check everything or just some of them? Which ones if so?



How do I run my internet smoothly and still use McAfee Antivirus?abtuvurys 2005



I would uninstall McAfee and go with a less resource heavy program like AVG free. It will still give you antivirus protection but won't eat resources like McAfee



Here is a link http://www.download.com/AVG-Anti-Virus-F...



it works great, I'd switch if I were you, good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment